.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

Unexpected Fun

Sometimes what you get when you look through a long telephoto is a surprise. Take this case, for example - I was standing on the Eastport side of Spa Creek at near its mouth, where it empties into the Severn River. Pointing my 70-300mm zoom across the creek at the Naval Academy, I got this view when I zoomed all the way out (equivalent to about 470mm on my Canon Digital Rebel.)

The distortion of the large glass panels was something totally unexpected, and it made the shot worth taking. The fun-house mirror effect, randomly mixed with clear, undistored panels, is what lends interest to what would otherwise be a rather dull scene.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?