.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Auto-Art

Over the past many decades, I've maintained the practice of washing my car every year to 18 months, whether it needs it or not.

But I may have to modify that behavior to something more frequent, now that I've begun to really pay attention to reflections of all kinds.

Cars, vans, and SUVs, assuming they're clean enough and it's sunny enough, will reflect their surroundings. And sometimes, those reflections, colored by the car's finish and shaped by the curvature of glass or metal, can be quite interesting.

SUV Wide-Angle Posted by Hello

Here, I was walking along a residential street in West Annapolis, when I noticed the "Support Our Troops" ribbon, seemingly floating above a wide-angle view of some of the nearby homes.


Blue Honda Fisheye Posted by Hello

This view of the building where I work was another one of those saw-it-yesterday-brought-the-camera-and-shot-it-today things that I've been doing a lot of lately. I loved the greens and brick-y browns on the blue trunk lid when I first saw it; luckily, both driver and sun cooperated the next morning to reproduce the scene for me.

One could do a whole book or exhibit exclusively on car reflections, and I just might try that someday.

Meanwhile, kids, definitely do try this at home. As usual with many kinds of reflections, you'll find the best time to capture them will be in the early morning, say before 9:00 or 9:30 AM and in the late afternoon or early evening, depending on the season.

Point me to some of your own auto-reflection-art, and I'll link to them in a future blog post!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?