.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

7 AM EST...

Last Friday morning, about 50 steps away from where I'm working this month in downtown Baltimore, I happened to look backwards just before crossing Pratt Street.


The Power Plant in Baltimore Posted by Picasa

There, reflected in the water of the dock area adjacent to The Power Plant, was a beautiful, glowing, magical image of that old building, courtesy of the just-rising sun.

... and I had no camera with me.

So the next time I was scheduled to go to the CEG office, Tuesday morning, I checked the weather before I left home at 5:30 am...clear and sunny! Not wanting to schlep my whole rig that day, I borrowed Sandy's 2MP Canon A40, the little digital point-and-shoot she inherited from me when I moved on to the Digital Rebel.

I made sure that I was in place just shortly after sunrise - and by 7am, the sun was just clearing the buildings to the East and providing that glow I had seen a few days earlier. Snap.

The dinky little A40 came through, producing a really nice 5-1/2 x 7-1/2 print.

Comments:
Nicely seen, Steve. It's great that you were able to go back the next day to find the same scene ready to be captured.

--Warren
 
Steve:

Like allways, a wonderful photo again.

regards
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?