.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 29, 2004

 

Stuck at 85?...

My Blogger.com ProfileFor some reason, the blog-o-meter on the "dashboard" of my Blogger.com account (that's where this blog is hosted) is stuck at 85 posts. My Blogger profile (see the screen shot) echos this statistic and also seems to think that my last post was over a month ago. I know that sometimes the reported value of "posts written" takes a day or two to update itself properly, but I've been mildly annoyed when week after week and post after post, the value didn't budge from 85.

So I printed out a list of my posts and counted them the old fashioned way, and what do you know... this is post number 99!

I feel as if I should do something special for my 100th post, but to be honest I haven't a clue. Maybe I'll go out for Chinese.


Another Reader Comes Out of the ITAI Closet!...

I got this very nice comment from a now-outed ITAI reader, Debi in response to a typically self-deprecating remark I made in a recent post about having only two or three readers:
Nope...I'm sure there are more...strange that it took an ex-boyfriend from Western Australia to turn this Seattlite on to your blog, but your posts are definitely highlights of my day!
Debi, thanks for your note, all the way from Seattle - it's very encouraging to know that people actually see this stuff! Now I really wonder how your Aussie ex-beau stumbled across my blog?

Debi, like me, apparently also has a Blogger account. I was able to click on her name in the comment she left and it took me to a Blogger screen that says "Profile Not Available." I've had a couple of comments like that, and the problem is that I would like to check out their blogs and leave a comment in return, but I can't do that if public access to the Blogger profile isn't enabled (not that there's anything wrong with that.)


Phooey! Lost in Cyberspace

Somehow, while editing and reposting today's article, I lost about three-quarters of yesterday's post. I'll try to rewrite it later this evening. I hate to say it, but I didn't keep a backup of the post - I figured, hey, it's on Google's server farm, where could it go?

Comments:
Well that's a funny story...I was surfing for his name on the web, and came across a reference to your blog in a comment he left on Photoblogs.org. So he didn't specifically send me here, I was just curious:)!

http://blog.photoblogs.org/2004/09/photoblog_categ.html

And I'll see about enabling my profile...
 
Hey Steve, can you email me? I can't figure out how to email you:)! debi at sent dot com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?