.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 14, 2004

 

Shopping with Sandy

Vase and Tray - Hecht Company Housewares DepartmentFellows, after 24 years of marriage, I've finally found the secret of accompanying the girls on shopping trips - bring along your camera! Department stores, clothing and gift stores have nicely-designed displays, often with great colors and dramatic lighting as a starting point. Look closely and you're likely to find interesting patterns, too.

Don't forget to take a moment between shots to tell her how nice the shoes (jacket, top, skirt, etc.) look on her, too!

Today, Sandy and I went out for a few hours to run some errands and, well, just to spend some time together. It was fun. First we went to Michaels, an arts-and-crafts chain, to buy some frames and pre-cut mats for some of my photos. We were going to a 2oth anniversary party tonight, and had decided to give the lucky couple two of my photographs as gifts (one of the great things about being a photographer is that you always have gifts handy!)

Then we went to Hecht Company, a nearby department store, where Sandy wanted to do some clothes shopping. Here's where my camera came out. While she was trying on some tops, I snapped some close-up photos of blouses and other displays. Actually, none of these amounted to anything, but it was a good warm-up.

Pitcher Study No. 2But the jackpot came when I followed Sandy upstairs to another clothing department. As we passed the housewares section, she suggested that the displays of dishes and glassware might make nice subjects. And she was right.

Guys, I'm telling you, this is the way to go! Not only did I get some interesting photos, but at the end of the day, Sandy gave me credit for cheerfully going shopping with her and being a "good husband."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?