.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 30, 2004

 

Boston Follies

Caladium at The Castle Like many of us, my Mom taught me not to say anything if I couldn't say something nice. And I definitely can't say anything nice about Senator Kerry's speech last night. So I'll just post this pretty picture. That's nice, isn't it?

OK, I'll say just a little bit - I haven't yet had time to write any coherent political pieces about this election campaign. But I will say that I'm depressed at how shallow and meaningless all this week's rhetoric at the Boston Convention was. I'm sure I'll say pretty much the same thing next month about the GOP's big bash.

I haven't always felt this way. In fact, I remember enjoying most of the Democratic conventions I've watched over the years (I'm a registered, lifelong Democrat and usually don't watch the Republicans.) I certainly remember smiling, nodding, and yelling "right on!" four years ago when Bill Clinton made his speech at D2KLA (don't talk to me about Al Gore's 2000 campaign, though. )

Well, a lot's happened in four years, and I'm getting older and more cynical for sure. I need to Google President Clinton's 1992 acceptance speech, which I don't remember, but I'm sure I loved, to see if it was really just as silly as Kerry's performance last night.

I've already said more than I intended to, so enough for now. But I'll come back Real Soon Now with some more detailed thoughts on the campaign and why I'm going to vote for President Bush this year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?