.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 09, 2004

 

Midsummer Approaching ...

Tilt-A-Whirl
What happened to June!? Midsummer is almost here, heralded by the as-yet-unerected tents and unassembled rides now sitting in the field next to the Earliegh Heights Volunteer Fire Company.

I shouldn't let it bother me anymore, but I always feel a little sad as mid-July arrives. Our local Firemens' Carnival and professional baseball's All-Star Game always seem to serve as a reproach to me ... a signal that the summer is half-gone and I haven't taken advantage of it yet. That I sleepwalked through June instead of living it. Old patterns repeating ...

But wait ... now that I think about it, I did get out and actually do stuff during the first part of the summer. In fact, one of the good things about keeping a blog is that I can go back and remember just what I did. So I see that during June I ...
Now I feel better.



Dave Goes Digital?


Check out B&W Maven Dave Beckerman's blog (be sure to look back a few days, too) and you'll see that Dave is dipping his toe into the Digital Lake. He just bought a Canon A75, a really nice little pocketable, 3MP camera - a very good choice, I think, for testing the waters, digitally speaking. He's already posted some nice images - keep an eye on his blog for what I'm sure will be more to come.

Following Up on A New PhotoBlog


Greg's new photoblog, Beauty in the ordinary is living up to its name. London-based Greg has made seven posts so far, each with an unusual and evocative photo. Take a few moments to check it out.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?