.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

 

Cold-Weather Shutterbugging


Eastport Ice Patterns Posted by Hello

Here in the Baltimore-Annapolis area, we were blessed with a very mild winter until mid-January. It's gotten a lot colder since then, and prior to becoming a born-again photographer, that kind of weather would have kept me shut indoors.

This year, though, I thought the freeze-your-tuchis-off conditions could help snap me out of my photo slump, and it just might have worked. I happily shot away among the boats and the ice, ignoring my numbing fingers, for almost an hour.


Bow Design - Eastport Boatyard Posted by Hello

As usual, Dave Beckerman in New York City has had a lot of great images on his photo blog lately. I was particularly impressed by this delicate and peaceful image taken at the Central Park reservoir. When I woke up Sunday morning to a gentle snowfall, the memory of Dave's resevoir photo inspired me to schlep myself outside and try a few shots myself. Here's what I came up with:

Snowy Morning - Maryland WWII Monument, Annapolis Posted by Hello



Hello Again, Hello

Another forum I participate in uses Hello for posting images, and I thought I'd give it a try. What I don't like about Hello is that I can't control the layout to the extent I can otherwise. On the other hand, I do like the way you can easily include captions, and, most of all, the ability for the viewer to click on an image to see a larger version. We'll see if I stick with Hello.


Canon i9900 Mini-Review

It's great!

More to come on this later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?